Manhattan 153560, 2-in-1, USB-C & USB-A to 3.5 mm Stereo Audio Aux Adapter Cable, with Volume-Control
USB C and USB A to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter - connect your wired Aux headset to your phone, laptop or computer via USB
This active Manhattan USB Audio Adapter is a convenient 2-in-1 combo to connect your wired Aux device, such as a headset, headphones or speakers, to a USB device. Featuring a 3.5 mm audio jack on one end and two USB plugs on the other (Type-A and Type-C), it provides a versatile and affordable audio solution for your USB devices that do not have an aux input. Think of it as an external sound card, which means it can easily replace sound cards that no longer work and bypass damaged audio ports. As many desktop PCs have their headset jacks on the back and USB ports on the front, this will headphone jack adapter gives you better access to your audio connections.
Maximum compatibility for flexible listening and talking
If you prefer wired connectivity over wireless Bluetooth® or have an older set of Aux headphones you love, this handy adapter connects them to smartphones or tablets like the iPad® Pro or Convertibles like the MS Surface®. The converter supports all operating systems from Windows® to macOS®, Linux®, Chrome OS™, iPadOS® and Android™. It works just as well with Thunderbolt 3/4 ports. With plug & play installation, you get connected quickly and can start using your audio devices instantly without other downloads.
In-line volume control, mute buttons and microphone support
The TRRS / 4-pole design of this adapter's 3.5 mm jack supports both sound output to speakers as well as input from your headset’s microphone, which is perfect for conference calls or voice recording. Convenient controls located on the cord make it easy to adjust the volume or mute the mic and sound individually, all without disrupting the call or your workflow. The built-in LED shows you the mute status at a glance.
Compact and portable
This audio converter's small form factor also makes it a perfect companion for the minimalist designs seen with newer devices, while its portability ensures it can fit in small carry cases, which makes it ideal for both business and leisure travel.
- Connects a headset or headphone jack plug to a USB-A / USB-C port on a computer or tablet.
- Works with any compatible USB host device such as a PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, MacBook®, Chromebook™, Surface®, iPad® Pro and more.
- TRRS / 4-pole design to support microphone functionality for calls and voice control.
- Integrated volume control with mic- and audio-mute buttons.
- LED indicator for easy mute status monitoring.
- Nestable USB plug design (Type-A into Type C) to work with more of your USB host devices.
- USB connectivity to bypass faulty sound cards and to improve audio port access on desktop PCs.
- High sound quality with a supported audio resolution up to 16 bits and a sample rate up to 48 kHz.
- Foil and braid double shielding to reduce EMI and other interference sources.
- Pure bare copper wire for maximum conductivity.
- Compact, portable and lightweight design for easy travel.
- Highly flexible, durable jacket with heavy-duty strain relief.
- Bus powered: no external power supply needed.
- Plug-and-play installation; Windows®, macOS®, Linux®, Chrome OS™, iPadOS® and Android™ compatible.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 and 4 compatible.
- Supports hot swapping.
- Cable uses CTIA pole configuration, which may result in only the earphones working - not the mic - when used with an OMTP-configured device.
Standards and Certifications
- USB 2.0
- One USB-C 24-pin, male
- One USB-A 4-pin, male
- One USB-A 9-pin, female
- One 3.5 mm stereo female (TRRS, 4-pole)
- In-line adapter control buttons: Microphone mute; Audio mute; Volume up; Volume down
- Supported audio resolution: 16 bits
- Supported sample rate: 48 kHz
- Double shielding: aluminum foil and braid
- Nickel-plated contacts
- Pure bare copper wire
- Molded PVC boot with strain relief
- PVC jacket
- Shells: plastic
- Static red: microphone muted
- Static blue: sound muted
- Blinking blue: no active muting
- Cable length: 1 m
- 30 AWG
- Outer diameter (OD): 3 mm (0.12 in.)
- Dimensions - volume control piece with audio jack (L x W x H): 55 x 17 x 9 mm
- Dimensions - USB-A to USB-C adapter (L x W x H): 32 x 19 x 10 mm
- Dimensions - USB-A plug (L x W x H): 35 x 16 x 8 mm
- Net weight: 30 g
- Gross weight: 60 g
- Operation temperature: 0 - 40°C (32 - 104°F)
- Storage temperature: -10 - 85°C (14 - 185°F)
- Humidity (noncondensing): 10 - 90% RH
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10/11, Linux, Chrome OS, macOS, iPadOS or Android