Hassle Free Warranty
- This warranty does not limit or affect your legal statutory rights.
- The warranty will only be valid on presentation of a valid proof of purchase and the original packaging, including manuals, which must be shown when requiring service under warranty. Not showing the mentioned documents, packaging or manuals may delay or void the warranty.
- All products carry the 2-year EU and Maltese legal warranty, where applicable and according to its terms and conditions. Commercial/business purchases (invoices/cash purchases with a VAT number and purchases for commercial or business purposes) are only covered by the respective Manufacturer’s Warranty Period, if any, and by the warranties according to law.
- The repair of the product under the terms of this warranty does not give rise to a new warranty period. However, you are entitled to a warranty extension equal to the period from when the product is brought into our Service Centre and our notification that it has been repaired.
It is your responsibility to:
- Inspect the products for any physical damage upon collection or delivery. When goods are delivered by post or courier, we need to be notified of any physical damage within 24 hours of receipt.
- Install and use the product in accordance to the manufacturer’s manual. It is your responsibility to consult the manual.
- Ensure compatibility of the product with the desired purpose and other components or products within your system or setup.
- Check with the Company before carrying out any repairs, updates, works or alterations on the product as this might void the warranty.
How does it work?
- During the warranty period, if your product develops a fault that needs to be repaired, look for visible signs of the breakdown and consult the trouble-shooting guide in the manufacturer's handbook, if any.
- If that does not resolve the issue, please contact our Service Centre and talk to one of our representatives.
- You will need to provide us with details of your item, including the model number and date of purchase. You can find this information on our original receipt/invoice/cash sale – this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe.
- Warranty is on a “Return to base” basis. You are kindly requested to bring any product/s which is/are suspected to be faulty to our workshop for inspection by our technicians.
- On-site calls will carry an on-site charge even if the product/s is/are still under warranty. Collection and delivery can be arranged for a nominal fee.
What does the warranty cover?
- Our warranties provide full cover against manufacturing defects through normal use. This means that if a manufacturing defect becomes apparent during the guarantee period, we will attempt to repair your product free of charge, including all parts and or labour according to the warranty periods stipulated for the product.
- Depending on the type of defect, product and warranty coverage, the Company may repair the product.
- If we cannot repair your item, we will replace it with an item of equivalent or better specifications or provide other remedies according to law. Any replacement product may be either new or like new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to the product being replaced.
- The Company will claim ownership of all defective components which may be replaced and may use various vendors' components for the repair of the product as required.
- Where none of above options is available, the Company can issue a credit note with a maximum value of the purchase price.
Limitations of liability
- The Company only guarantees the product for its functionality under normal use as defined in the manufacturer’s manual, which may be found in the manufacturer’s website. The Company does not guarantee that the product is fit for any particular purpose.
- In no event shall the Company be liable for impossibility to use the product, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage to any person or property. In any case, the liability of the Company in relation to the product shall not exceed the price paid by the consumer to purchase the product.
What's not included?
These are some specific exclusions from warranties:
- Improper use of product including:
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product.
- Incompatibility with other products, parts, peripherals, software or consumables.
- Printers used with non-original cartridges/toners and/or any other consumable part during any part of the warranty period.
- Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that's left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo or image in same screen position.
- Digital television picture affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor quality or low strength broadcast signal.
- Water heaters or other products connected directly to water mains or a pressure pump.
- Defects arising after date of purchase including defects caused by:
- External factors such as viruses, faulty/incompatible software, fire, theft, humidity, water spillages, weather (including lightning strike).
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. However, you may find that this type of damage may be covered by the insurance policy covering the contents of your household/premises, if any.
- Defects caused by the use of the product in spaces with direct contact with excessive moisture that causes damage to electronics.
- Any damage or malfunction caused by any software or update subsequently installed in the product after the date of purchase.
- Defects caused by unprofessional installation, repair, alteration or modification of the product.
- Generally any defect which was not present at the date of purchase of the product.
- Defects arising from lack of maintenance including:
- Not unblocking drainage channels in refrigeration or washing equipment or any other equipment using drainage channels.
- Lack of servicing, inspecting, cleaning of the product and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines.
- Other Exclusions
- Products with serial number label defaced, modified or removed.
- Data loss. It is your responsibility to back-up your data before bringing a product to our Service Centre. The Company will not be responsible for any data loss including damage or loss of any programs, documents, photos and any other type of data or other information stored in the device, which may be damaged or altered during repair.
- Should a service require your product to be reformatted to factory settings, we will not be responsible for any data lost.
- You are authorising us to accept software end-user licence agreements on your behalf as necessary to complete the repair; to this end we will use the personal information you have provided to us in connection with this service.
- Pixel spots (tiny dark or bright spots that may become visible on a screen) are only covered as per ISO standards.
- Consumables or parts requiring replacement due to wear and tear such as batteries, ink cartridges, storage media, projector bulbs, fuses, light bulbs, charging ports, keyboards, mice, touchpads, etc.
- Cosmetic items such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected.
- Consequential and external losses or damages arising from defects in the product (example frozen food in a refrigerator).
- If you have any queries or problems with an electrical or technology product, call our Company technical support line on 2731-9555 or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Technical support operating hours maybe viewed online on our website.
- Please have your model number at hand when you call. A minimum inspection fee is incurred if:
- The product is found to be working as it should.
- The product is found to be out of warranty.
- The defect is listed in the exclusions above.
- The client refuses to proceed with out-of-warranty repairs.
- AtoZ Electronics also offer an extended commercial warranty on selected products.